CSS Simplified Box Model Hack
If the background color of this paragraph is green (a darker
green than this page's background) then the hack was applied.
List of browsers that apply this
- IE6+, when in either rendering mode
- Opera 6+
- Konqueror 3
- iCab 3
List of browsers that do not apply this
- This does not work if the backslash ("\") used to escape the character
immediately preceds any character used in hexadecimal ("hex") numbers,
which are 0 through 9 and A through F (both lower and upper case).
- If you escape the first character in a property name, that's a different
- If IE6 and/or IE7 are rendering the page in backward's compatibility mode
(aka quirks mode) then this hack may not have the intended affect.
- This hack causes NS4.x to ignore the whole stylesheet that contains
- Opera 5 (I don't know about versions 1 through 4.) ignores the rule that